4thD Landscape Services are looking for an experienced Landscaper, who enjoys a variety of hard landscaping and construction work. This role is available for an immediate start.
Your duties would include (among other requirements):
- determining installation requirements by studying landscape concepts, plans, specifications and conferring with clients and designers
- preparing, undertaking, constructing and repairing areas including patios, decking, raised beds, driveways, footways, paths, steps and paved areas, walls, fences, ponds and fountains, etc
- constructing and installing facilities as garden sheds, cabins, garden furniture and play structures
- preparing borders for planting etc
- ensuring quality control of all work including management of health and safety within company policies and procedures
- undertaking routine maintenance using appropriate equipment
- maintaining and cleaning equipment and van
- other general landscaping and ad hoc duties as required from time to time.
- have several years’ relevant experience and an interest in hard landscaping and construction
- have some horticultural experience
- be able to work from a layout plan
- be fully conversant with all grounds’ maintenance machinery
- skilled in the use of hand tools and pedestrian machines and appropriate powered hand tools which are generally used in landscaping
- be prepared to work outdoors under all weather conditions
- be flexible in working hours (longer days in summer/shorter in winter
- have an avid attention to detail
- be hard working, self-motivated, ambitious and experienced
- possess good organisational skills and have the ability to problem solve
- be able to work individually and in a team.
Qualifications and skills required
- a full clean driving licence
- at least NVQ II amenity horticulture – or similar
- at least five years’ work history, of which at least two years in hard landscaping.
Useful qualifications (but not essential)
- NPTC Spraying licence
- NPTC Chainsaw cross-cutting and felling licence
- CSCS card
- Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
- By email only please.