4thD Landscape Services has an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Landscaper who may someone fresh out of education or looking for a change of career. All types of work experience will be considered – don’t underestimate your transferrable skills.
We are looking for creative individuals to join our well established and dynamic team, working under supervision and learning all aspects of landscaping. 4thD will create a suitable program for your needs (based on your current skills and experience) where you will receive on-the-job training, college training and off-site specific skill training as necessary.
Starting immediately your duties may include:
- Assisting in the carrying out of landscaping work including the construction, creation and repair of paths, steps, paved areas, walls, fences, ponds, garden sheds etc
- Undertaking general constructional work including fencing, decking, re-surfacing of footways and drives and other work of a similar nature
- Preparation for landscape construction and cleaning debris
- Maintaining gardens e.g. grass mowing, edging, litter picking, general pruning, sweeping
- Leaning about floral decorations including planting and maintenance of bedding plant displays, hanging baskets, etc.
- Assisting with the maintenance and development of ornamental areas including planting, pruning and hedge work
- Arranging and planting trees and shrubs
- Becoming conversant and skilled in the use of hand tools, pedestrian machines and appropriate powered hand tools which are used in the maintenance of horticultural features
- Undertaking routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment using appropriate equipment
- Learning to apply appropriate chemical control under supervision and understanding the safe working procedures associated with such work
- have a full clean driving licence
- have some horticultural experience
- have a keen interest in landscaping and/or horticulture
- be hard working, self-motivated, ambitious and willing to learn all aspect of landscaping
- enjoy manual and heavy work
- work outdoors under any weather conditions
- have a creative mind and pay attention to detail
- possess good organisational skills
- have the ability to problem solve
- be able to work individually and in a team
- be flexible in working hours (longer days in summer/shorter in winter)
- Salary is dependent on skills and experience
- By email only please.